I can’t quite find a title to do this recipe justice. This is just a recipe that is so simple, but so damn delicious, that you will get excited every time you make it!
4-5 large red bell peppers
1/2 olive oil or sunflower oil
2 tbsps red wine vinegar
5 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
Dash of salt
Fresh cracked black pepper
1. Roast the bell peppers. I do this in the oven on broil, but this can be done on the grill as well. You are going to roast the bells until they are blackened.
2. While the peppers are roasting, chop your garlic and set aside.
3. Remove blackened peppers and place in bowl and cover with a towel. Allow the peppers to cool. Covering the peppers with a towel will allow the peppers to steam and the skins will be easier to remove.
4. Skin the peppers and remove the seeds.
5. Cut or tear the peppers lengthwise and place in a large bowl.
6. Mix in garlic, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Serve peppers warm or cold with a nice crusty baguette.